Big Sky Ballin’ is bringing back our Fall youth basketball for a second year. This league is designed for boys and girls of any experience level from 1st- 8th grade. The league is designed to teach and reinforce the fundamentals of the game through coaching and specified training in a fun and competitive environment.
Unlike most leagues, Big Sky Ballin’ Youth Basketball League and Training is designed using a 3-prong approach:
- Teaching /Coaching (1 hour a weekly)
- Sports Specific Training (1 hour weekly)
- Competitive Games (1 hour weekly)
The league runs over 9 weeks (with holiday breaks), from November 6 – January 5. During the season, athletes will spend 3 hours a week working on their skills and improving. A typical week will consist of a 1-hour practice with an assigned coach, a 1-hour training session to teach and introduce new skills, and a 1-hour competitive game.
New for this season, we have added an end of year tournament! This will be a fantastic chance to showcase all the skills learned in a final showdown on the hardwood. The end of year tournament will be January 4th and 5th, 2019.
The fee to be a part of the league is $175.00 and includes a full uniform and training time. The deadline to register for the league is October 6th so get your child registered as we will limit participation based on the number of coaches and staff available.
All athletes will participate in an Evaluation Day to assess their skill level. Evaluation Day will be held Saturday October 18th at the Shrine Auditorium. The address is 1125 Broadwater Ave.
All training sessions, practices, and games will be held at the Shrine Auditorium. On game days there will be a $3.00 admission fee for all non-players. Families can also buy a league pass for $40.00 for the entire season.
- Deadline to Register: October 6, 2018
- Evaluation Date: October 6, 2018
- Practice Begins: November 6, 2018
- First Games: November 16, 2018
- End of Season Tournament: January 4 & 5, 2019
The full season schedule will be on the following days, with exact times to be determined based on team placement following Evaluation Day:
- Week 1: 11/6 practice, 11/8 training
- Week 2: 11/13 practice, 11/15 training, 11/16 games
- Week of 11/19 off – Happy Holidays!
- Week 3: 11/27 practice, 11/29 training, 11/30 games
- Week 4: 12/4 training
- Week 5: 12/11 practice, 12/13 training, 12/14 games
- Week 6: 12/18 practice, 12/20 training, 12/21 games
- Week of 12/24 off – Happy Holidays!
- End of Season Tournament: 1/4 and 1/5
For more information, email bigskyballin@gmail, or call Big Sky Ballin’ at (406) 694-5555.