The Big Sky Ballin’ team is excited to announce the 4th Annual Big Sky Ballin’ Youth League with training. This league is designed for boys and girls of any experience level from 1st- 8th grade. The league is designed to teach and reinforce the fundamentals of the game through coaching and specified training in a fun and competitive environment.
Unlike most leagues, Big Sky Ballin’ Youth Basketball League and Training is designed using a 3-prong approach:
- Teaching /Coaching (1 hour a weekly)
- Sports Specific Training (1 hour weekly)
- Competitive Games (1 hour weekly)
The league runs for 6 weeks, from May 13th – June 26th. During the season, athletes will spend roughly 3 hours a week working on their skills and improving. A typical week will consist of a 1-hour practice with an assigned coach, a 1-hour training session to teach and introduce new skills, and a 1-hour competitive game. Unless otherwise noted, ALL our activities happen during week as we do understand and try to give parents back their weekends!
The fee to be a part of the league is $175.00 ($15 late fee added after 4/17) and includes a full uniform and training time. The deadline to register for the league is
April 13th extended to April 19 so get your child registered as we will limit participation based on the number of coaches and staff available.
All athletes will participate in an Evaluation Day to assess their skill level. Evaluation Day will be held Saturday April 13th at the Shrine Auditorium at 1125 Broadwater Ave. Grades 1-4 will be from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. and Grades 5th – 8th will start at 12:15 p.m. Make up Evaluation Day is scheduled for Friday April 19th at 7:00 p.m. at the Shrine.
On game days there will be a $3.00 admission fee for all non-players. Families can also buy a league pass for $40.00 for the entire season.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Deadline to Register:
April 13, 2019extended to April 19, 2019
- Evaluation Date: April 13, 2019 (make-up day April 10, 2019)
- Practice Begins: May 13, 2019
- First Games: May 23, 2019
- Final Game: June 19, 2019
The full season schedule will be on the following days, with exact times to be determined based on team placement following Evaluation Day (April 19):
- Week 1: 5/13 team practice, 5/14 group training, 5/15 team practice
- Week 2: 5/20 team practice, 5/21 group training, 5/22 game day
- Week 3: 5/28 team practice, 5/29 group training, 5/30 game day
- Week 4: mid-season break!
- Week 5: 6/12 team practice, 6/13 group training, 6/14 game day
- Week 6: 6/17 team practice, 6/18 group training, 6/19 game day
- *Week 7: 6/24 team practice, 6/25 group training, 6/26 game day
For more information, email bigskyballin@gmail, or call Big Sky Ballin’ at (406) 694-5555.